The ITF is "putting off its proposal for a World Cup of Tennis Finals for another year," according to Chris Lehourites of the AP. The ITF last month said that it "wanted to combine next year's Davis Cup and Fed Cup finals into one event to raise the profile of the two national team competitions." However, the ITF on Thursday said that it would "not put the motion to a vote at its annual general meeting next month." Last month, the ITF said that it "wanted to start staging" the World Cup of Tennis in November '18 in Geneva. Lehourites noted Geneva, Switzerland, was to "host the event for three years" beginning in '18. But that has now been "put on hold as the governing body tries to sell its idea to its voting members." ITF President David Haggerty also announced the "creation of a World Cup of Tennis Finals task force" (AP, 7/20).

